Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Network's Final Entry: Meta

My 3 nominated Blogs:
Week 3 Blog

Week 6Blog

Week 12 Blog


Dear Diary,
This is in fact my last entry...I know, sad isn't it? I'm just going to look over what else I have written over the last 14 weeks and see what I wrote because honestly, I have forgotten!

Hmmmm......oh....yes yes....i completly agree...oh that's interesting!....mmmmm...what!?.....that's unusual...

Ok, thanks for waiting diary, now I can give you my overall opinion and outlook on my entries over the past few months. Now, as you know this is a public diary so anyone, and i mean ANYONE, can view. Does this bother me? Not really...that material I publish to the world only applies to a small amount of people and there is nothing personal in the diary...well nothing I don't mind sharing with the public!

So I counted up how many followers I have and I now have....none. Unfortunalty my Blog did not appeal to as many people as I would have hoped having advertised it on my Facebook page and emailing it to certain people who may have had an interest. But sadly, no one has been following my blog - there have been no comments or any outside communication with my Blog at all! Oh well...such is life...maybe people have been reading my blog without my knowledge and if this is the case, I hope my Blog has proved most useful and enjoyable to them.

Because that is what a blog is! It's about educating people on certain subjects which interest you personally and you believe will interest others soo you make it accessible to everyone! Therefore, people you don't even know can benefit from your blog. Blogs, websites, social networking sites, YouTube and opinion poles have allowed people to become more interactive with each other! It is actually amazing that people can be beneficial to others over the internet. The website I made in Week 7 was demonstrating just this! It collected related sources all over the internet and deposited them in one webpage to help people navigate through the massive amounts of information on the internet.

So this is what my diary was...kinda. I wanted people to become knowledgeable about information such as HTML+CSS, data visualisation and web 2.0 because it was what I am interested in! Although I did not find anyone following my blog I bet you someone somewhere out there read my blog and it helped them! This is why blogs are so important! It is REAL people with REAL opinions and experiences wanting to help and share their knowledge with others...and the internet drives this on and will keep encouraging this until the internet dies...which will be never.

The reason for writing a Blog which was never read? To contribute to the network...to me. This attitude helps me expand and affect everyone with access to me. So if you ever feel like writing a Blog but are worried about no one reading it...who cares? write it for yourself...and you never know...there are alot of people out there who could be interested in the same crap that you are into.

My blog will continue to live while the internet lives and will be there for anyone to access and I might even update it with other content I am interested in and help people navigate around the internet to the information which is relevant. Until that day comes I bid you good day diary...and Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment