Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Network having dinner with Mashup and API

Evening Diary,
As the Network I have to constantly have friends over for dinner and learn about their connections and functions but in the end it is really exhausting! Application Program Interface also known as API was explaining that if someone makes a webpage and uses someone else's API it is cheaper and better! It's not stealing but more like "sharing data" and people use APIs in different ways and change the way people interact with the webpage for example: Twitter and Flickr.

Mashup was explaining that two APIs "mashed up" was used so that multiple things could be used at once. So that different things can be correlated together and be made into feeders. Websites that do this is News Map, Neave TV and Everyblock Chicago. Mashup seems to be so useful to people because it means that a person can do everything on the one webpage and therefore the website gets more viewers!

I need to start havign so many people over and focus on a project coming up. I need to get a good idea on what type of webpage to build. I need HTML and CSS's help but I think I should be ok. I'm tossing around a few ideas on a current affair topics like the Olympic games or Garrett's insulation scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment