Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Network having dinner with Dr. Web 2.0

Dear Diary,
I haven't seen Dr. Web for ages!! It was really interesting catching up with him because he was telling me all about how everything is connected on the web and how one thing an influence another. There was this thing he mentioned called the Long Tail Theory which is when a book or movie or anything new enters the world/web there is a huge spike in popularity and then it just goes downhill from there. But sometimes another issue or thing can influence the long tail of the original object and there can be another popularity spike! So Dr. Web 2.0 continued to say that without him things on the web wouldn't be able to connect with each other and that the huge shift from webpages to webpages which are connected to everything and everyone has influenced culture so much that people form the other side of the world are finding out the same information at the same time as the people in the location! I, as the Network, think we as a system are very lucky to have Dr. Web 2.0 in our lives and are so pleased that he has evolved over the years to make me connected to more people and more information. I was telling this to him last night but he is so modest and doesn't realise the monopoly he has over me and how much he influences my work and viewers and for that I thank him. Without him I would not be able to evolve.
Night Diary, The Network

No comments:

Post a Comment