Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Geo Narrativing the World

Dear Diary,
I have just received this big assignment which is about geo-narratives. I really can't wait to make one because I can make a story (fiction or non-fiction) and link it with google maps, relevant sites and photographs to make an interactive story!

My idea is basically a detective story but I'm not too sure about the details. I really want it to have a twist at the end but think it that may be too cliche... So I've been looking at photos from flickr, delicious and the creative commons to link with my idea.I'l either use photos from these sites that don't have copyright or I'l take my own photos, edit them in photoshop and display them. I think I may do this because I want to get a black and white look for the story - a kind of 1940s New York style Private Eye detective thing...I may even set it in New York! I know the place very well and could have the main character walking up and down 42nd street or Broadway looking for the bad guy.

My google friends are going to help me composite it all so it is accessible to the public and easy to use. But for now I'm going to concentrate on the story and get a good idea and plot so it will not only be visually interesting for the reader but mentally stimulating.

I'll write soon to tell you all about my wonderful idea!
Take care
The Network

No comments:

Post a Comment